Google

Wednesday, February 1

The Return of DogGirl

So, DogGirl* rings me up on Monday. I was home sick (cough) and didn't answer. Her message was really sweet, inviting me and my husband to dinner tomorrow night.

Went to call her back, she left her office number, so I called my brother asking the details. Figure I should at least attempt to make nice, right?

Brother calls me back today, "You don't want to go to that dinner?"

"Why not?"

"It's to rope in potential clients," She recently accepted a position (ahem) at Morgan Stanley, "I told her that you wouldn't want to invest."

"Wait a minute? She's an investment broker?!"

"Yeah, and when I told her no, and she was like, why not? I was like, she just saw you drinking vodka from the bottle on her stoop not a year ago. I don't think she'll trust you with her money."

Good point, brother, good point. Not only that- How savvy of a broker can she be if she doesn't even have the perspicacity to know what I'll do to her if she fucks up my paper?!

*Those not familliar with DogGirl- she was my brother's fiance. Now they're just living together and not seeing anyone else... Yeah, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home