Google

Monday, January 16

Slow Work Day

SJ over at Give Me The Booger wrote this post that mentions being a stay at home mom.

My husband and I are on the two year plan to have a kid -banking half my paycheck every time. Living in New Jersey, it's a luxury to stay with the kids on our salaries. And I'll be damned if we both have to work full time -plus a part time job- to pay for day care. It would crush me to have some 20 year old tell me my kid said their first word today.

And you know who I blame? Gloria Steinem. That's right. I said it. Gloria Fucking Steinem.

Here's how I see it- more women in the workplace tipped the scales in favor of job demand. Less workers:greater need for employees:higher wages:single income families. The pendulum has swung the other way and my generation HAS to work. Good going. Now we don't have a choice either.

And I probably opened a huge can of worms here, but fuck it! I'm pissed off that I have to suffer because thirty five years ago, some crusty bitches were tired of cooking pot roast every night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...and they probably couldn't make a decent fucking pot roast, anyway. Heifers.

Jo Sista

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home