Google

Thursday, February 23

Boo-f'ing-Hoo.

Welp, I'm in the process of finding a new job. Since I'm not supposed to speak negatively about my employer in interviews, here goes:

Firstly, I live 35 miles from work, but it somehow takes me one to one and a half hours to travel (each way). Combine that with gas and tolls, my situation has narrowly improved over working in NYC. Asked the bossman to change my hours (8:30-4:30, the earliest shift) so as to miss the bulk of the traffic. No go.

-BUT, they hired a new girl, and guess what hours she has?

Plus, it's a struggle to take a day off in a small company (6 total employees). I bought Yankee tickets for my hubby's B'Day. Asked 3 months in advance and was shot down because the receptionist has the day off. Are you kidding me with that shit?! What I do here has absolutely nothing to do with the phones, so WTF?!

-BUT, another employee works 9 hour days so he can take every other Wednesday off.

I went to my manager, explained my position and stated I will be looking for other employment. That was last Friday, and they haven't canned me- so we'll see who wins this race. But since then, she's been asking me to do all the shit jobs so the receptionist can catch up on invoicing. No one else has been asked to chip in, just me.

Yes, I know it could be worse. My boss could be threatening to take away my Saturday night shift at Denny's if I don't bang his toothless cousin while he watches.

But I can't wait to quit this place.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear Mirage is hiring...or maybe they just want thier slides back.

Murph

11:13 AM  
Blogger t'ien_tz'u said...

Shhhh! Not so loud!!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home