Google

Wednesday, November 23

Maaaaamories...

"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?" is on the radio right now. It's one of the many songs that is RUINED for me. Why, you ask? Because someone put it in a movie at one time, and all I can think about is that damn movie! This in particular, Alexis Arquette in The Wedding Singer. I also can't listen to "Tiny Dancer" without thinking about Kate Hudson's bare breasts...

But that's not what I wanted to write about. I am PSYCHED for King Kong! Love that Peter Jackson guy- he directed a movie with one of my favorite quotes, "I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD!" (no, not that Rings trilogy).

Anyway, I want to take my father to see it because he saw the original. Let me repeat that: He saw the original, when it came out, in the theater. My dad is fuckin old. (But looks awesome- works out three hours a day) He said it scared the shit out of him and he couldn't sleep for a week. Growing up a stone's throw from Manhattan, that's a viable fear for a child. Looking back, the effects are laughable (so is the '76 one, for that matter) but that was cutting edge stuff...

I guess you tend to overlook that sort of thing for nostalgic reasons. That's why I'll always have a soft spot for Clash of the Titans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home