Google

Monday, August 1

How Quickly They Forget

Upon my arrival to Port Authority this morning, NYC's finest were promptly evacuating the building. Everyone.

We're led to the nearest exit, Southeast side of the building which consists of two down escalator, no stairs.

The lady behind me sighs and says, loud enough for everyone to hear, "God forbid this is a terrorist attack, nobody's moving!"

Which wasn't true, we were all walking down -but apparently not fast enough for her.

I turn around and say in a soft tone, "Panicking doesn't help."

This ruffles her feathers even more, "NO! NO ONE'S TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY!"

So I say, "Hey, I survived 9-11."

And with the most hateful scowl on her face, she hisses, "Well good for you!"

The guy in front of me turns around before I could say anything (quite frankly, I was in shock from her remark), "Shut-the-fuck-up, lady!"

We get to the bottom, I step to the side and lead out my arm, "G'head, ya nasty fuckin' bitch." And she SPRINTS to the door.

I can only fantasize a cab plowed into her as she ran to safety.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog... and I'm so happy and excited for you and the upcoming wedding. Chris Bacon, Nicole Lucas, Danita and I all send you our love!!!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

honey, i love reading your blog. it always makes me wish i could hear more!

12:10 PM  
Blogger t'ien_tz'u said...

Aww, shucks! Thanks Sarah! I think next year, the hubby and I will take a trip out there.

Give everyone a big smooch for me!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home