Google

Wednesday, July 20

Folding Faster Than Superman on Laundry Day

Among my uncanny talents (*like picking the absolute wrong line at the grocery store) lies the abilty to manifest the exact opposite of a proclamation the day before. Such as, "Ben Affleck is NEVER going to marry Jennifer Garner."

One of my cubical buddies is all stressed out because she's closing on her house next week. But sighed at the thought of the quickly approaching light at the end of the tunnel. Then said, "You know who's gonna be like this at the end of August? Marietta."

And I was all, "NAAH! So far everything's running smooth as silk. I'm cool."

Enter curveball. Today during lunch with my cousin, she said that another cousin asked her if a certain uncle of ours was invited to the wedding. He, to date, is not.

Let me 'splain. My father has nine brothers and sisters. I have FIFTY first cousins. This could easily be a two hundred guest wedding if I had the scratch. But I don't, so you have to pick and choose.

Now I'm all stressed. The entire family is talking about this and a lot of people are obviously left out.

So, I'm doing what anyone else in my position would do: Cave in. With some guests already responding in the negative, there's room for a few more. What can I say? I'm weak. Just like my damn Roman Catholic Grandparents with their lack of birth control.

*At the Stop&Shop last week: one man ahead of me: Six items, asks for two packs of smokes. Hands cashier a coupon $5 off $20 grocery purchase. Cashier explains that cigarettes do not count towards total bill. He asks, "Since when aren't cigarettes part of the deal?!" And argued his point for the next 15 minutes. Hello! When have they EVER been considered food?! The government agency isn't called Division of Alcohol, Tobacco, Fire Arms and Grocery!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, you could just make it like a very exclusive club...or like college. Instead of invites you could send people letters like this:

"Thank you for your interest in attending Marrietta's wedding. While your qualifications are impressive, we have received an overwhelming number of qualified applicants this year and have very limited availability. As such, you have been placed on the wait list. If a space opens up prior to the wedding date, you will be notified at the time. Due to the large number of applicants for so few spots, should you be notified regarding your space on the wait list we will require an answer within one week. We know you have the option to attend many weddings, but appreciate your continued interest in Marrietta's."

Don't say I never did anything to you...er...for you...oh never mind.

-Alechemist

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice health savings plan site... You should check out this : health savings plan site.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home