Google

Thursday, November 17

Kvetch Time

Uh, what the fuck is up with the spam in my comments?! You losers have nothing better to do than post crap on people's blogs?! How fucking pathetic is that?! Yeah, I understand everyone has to crank out a living somehow, but sell it somewhere else. My readers carry less that $15 in cash.

Speaking of livelihoods, I'm officially disenchanted with my current job. I have done a total of 0 hours work today. My ass is killing me. Their reason for hiring me, the manager was putting in weekend hours, they were so overloaded with work.

Here I am, and suddenly all is quiet on the Eastern front... And being I believe in a day's work for a day's pay, I'm constantly asking co-workers, "Can I help you with something? Anyone need any help?" "No, no," are the inevitable replies (followed by comments hours later, "I'm totally swamped!"). Whatev.

This is a cut-throat comapany- all about the numbers. You have to make a weekly dollar quota- $3000 worth of business per individual. So you know no one's giving up the orders!

It's Thursday, and my spreadsheet has a total of zero dollars and zero cents. So today, I've developed a new philosophy: I'm going to stop looking like a jerk and work on my latest feature-length movie. It involves a bit of research and since I have nothing but time on my hands and the world-wide web at my disposal; why the hell not, m'kay? One of two things will happen, either I'll get laid off or they'll start giving me some work. Either way, I'll get a screenplay out of the deal, and be paid to write it in the interim.

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Hi, Marietta Fortune. I have just seen that you linked my blog. Wow and thanks. I promise I'm not comment spam (those fuckers). I will reciprocate the link shortly.

Let me know if you need some good profanity for your screenplay.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MF...
What's the topic of the new flick?
Will it be called, simply:

"Mirage"?

Starring: LaTonya, LeQuisha,
Mo-nique, and Chantelle?

And who will play you, pray tell?

Murph

2:36 PM  
Blogger t'ien_tz'u said...

SJ- We crazy bitches need to stick together.

Murph- Aquanette will be playing me.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wannanother cameo, please. Something along the line of calling the door guy at Neighbors a stupid cocksucker, maybe?

Allison

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home