Google

Thursday, November 11

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

*On Monday, my boss is giving away a Turducken for Thanksgiving (delivered to your door via FreshDirect with all the trimmings) to an employee. He's basically putting all our names in a hat and picking one lucky, lucky bastard.

*My landlord is being a real twat about this move. Trying to say I have to pay for ad and credit check fees. Um, yeah....no. Little does she know, I have a bevy of lawyers at my fingertips. They helped me find the statutes stating exactly what I'm responsible for (ie- the rest of the rent if no one moves in before my lease expires). AND in New Jersey, the state law requires the landlord to refund the deposit regardless if I move out before the lease is up. I highly doubt they will (since there's a clause in our lease that I forfeit the deposit- but the lawyers assured me the state law takes precedence) within 30 days, in which case I may sue for double the amount, heh-heh.

*And not so lucky was one of my pregnant co-workers (her belly's so huge, it doesn't even look real anymore) on the lovely W train back to Brooklyn. Obviously with child and left standing, some women next to her addressed a man in the closest seat, "Why don't you get up for her?" His response:

I didn't get her pregnant.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you win I am braving NJ transit again this year!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Funny line about the pregnant lady. Hope that it wasn't true! Sheesh!

4:34 PM  
Blogger t'ien_tz'u said...

Mr. Hells- it most certainly did happen...unfortunately.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home