Google

Tuesday, November 9

Well then, Checkers can keep you company in Hell

So, I purposely didn't initiate the "lets move in together" talk since A) my boyfriend owns a condo and B) he has cats. What was I supposed to say, "Uh, ya wanna move into my too-small-for-the-price apartment and get rid of your pets?" No. I let him decide when it was time and ask me.

The other night, in a drunken moment, I hastily brought up the subject of his remaining cat. I basicly asked for him to hurry it up so I can move my stuff in at my own pace. Okay- maybe I could have done it with a little more tact. Naturally, he questioned the sincerity of my concern for his feelings (re: giving up his pal). And he started in with, "Everyone I talk to says 'I would never give up my pets!'" To which I indignantly declared, "I didn't know I was getting into a relationship with you and everybody."

Yeah, I know- bad move. But hey- my only defense is that line came out after four 22oz beers, a bottle of champagne and three rum and cokes. Not that it's really an excuse...but anyway...

Blah, blah, blah- long story short, we made up with sloppy, drunken sex. Tasty.

But here's my problem with the situation, and I've heard this more than once. I really, really, really can't stand people who would so brazenly declare to anyone who'll listen that an animal companionship could supersede a human one. (Especially ones filling my man's head with that poison). If you really don't like people that much- fine. Keep it to yourself like all the other misanthropes and die a lonely death that no one notices until your "buddies" have devoured half your corpse.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken Goldstein said...

You really refuse to let this have a calm resolution, don't you?

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, not to shake your soda or nothin but my motto is "Take me(and my dog) as I am". The kid (dog) stays in the picture.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home