Google

Friday, October 15

Can ya hear me now, Muthafuckahs?!

I just spent an hour, the worst hour of recent days, on the phone with an agent and three other "supervisors" at Sprint PCS.

Here's the deal:

I had an extra on my plan that for $5 a month, my unlimited night and weekend calls started at 7pm (as opposed to 9pm with the regular plan).

I decided to cancel that and did so via their website on September 30th. I received a notification (on the site and via email) that it will go into effect the next billing cycle. (Cycles start on the 7th of the month and end the 6th of the next month). So, the cancellation would go into effect October 7th, right?

WRONG!!!

When I received the bill for this particular cycle, calls made on October 6th after 7pm were charged as if the plan had already gone into effect (totaling approx $40- effectively doubling the bill).

When I called to clarify, all four representatives said that the cancellation goes into effect the day before the billing cycle ends (October 5th), regardless of notification I received.

When I tried to explain that I already paid for services from September 7th to October 6th (they bill a month in advance for premium services) and was notified that the cancellation will not take effect until next billing cycle, I am not responsible for the charges.

All representatives said that is Sprint policy (to cancel the day before the cycle ends) and FLAT OUT refused to credit my bill, "If we credit your account, we have to credit everyone's account!" But offered to connect me with the IT department to make a suggestion on how to correct the site.

One "supervisor" said she would not give credit because of a note (on my account) not to do as such (from one of the previous three losers). I wanted to speak with someone higher up that could.... She said there was no one in the entire company that could over-ride a supervisor's note. I then asked if I were indeed speaking to the CEO of Sprint.

She promptly hung up after I asked to connect me with her supervisor, since it now had nothing to do with billing so much as lousy customer service.

A complaint to the BBB and FCC later, I researched Sprint's policy. Yeah, it says the last day, not the day before. So I printed that honey up, since the FCC wants me to send supporting documents.

It's not even the $40 now- it's the principal of the matter. They're fucking with the wrong bitch.

And, yes, it has been a slow day at the office.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya - I called the BBB on Sprint as well. And threatened to picket all their stores in San Diego (I would have done it as well). After waiting for over an hour to speak to a supervisor, I told them that they owed me $100 because "my time is billed at $100/hr - and that is my policy. Oh you didn't know that? It's not written anywhere? That is ridiculous? Too bad, that is my policy and there's nothing you can do about it. Now you know how your customers feel."

I did get my money back but it took more than a month and a lot of follow up because, just like our President, they lie!

Good luck and go get 'em.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Brendan said...

Good job!

I find it hysterical that these morons, instead of doing it themselves, would actually want to forward YOU to the IT department to make a suggestion.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Ken Goldstein said...

Be More Funny!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home