Google

Tuesday, July 27

With a day long hangover and four hours of sleep under my belt, the prospect of turning in early Friday night became all too inviting.

Ah, the best laid plans...

A darling dearest friend rang me up. Apparently, a man she had a thing for was coming into town with a group of friends. She wanted me to meet them out, ya know, to take a bit of the pressure off her. I figured what the hell- I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks and I can sleep when I'm dead.

The Court Tavern- the dive to end all dives. So between conversations about comprehending the appeal of Pittsburgh and giving my friend staunch glances when homeboy announced he had to leave with his friends cause they were his only ride, I noticed an inordinate amount of punk rock skinheads roaming the bar. I thought to myself, "Watch I see Travis here," and no sooner had that gone through my head- there he was, looking adorable as ever.

Travis was my boyfriend in the early 90's and the good one I let get away.

I didn't approach him, rather kept a heavy gaze until our eyes met. He absolutely could not believe it was me. Recapping the past few years, we spoke very closely, eyes locked intensely.

He told me an interesting story about when his then band, Inspector 7, was on tour in 2000 and played some little spot in the middle of Arizona. His bass player found out Fishbone was playing next door and they all walked over. Turns out, the doorman was an I7 fan and let them in the back. Travis found Angelo and as they were talking, Angelo asks, "You look really familiar, how do I know you?" Travis' reply, "Marietta." Angelo freaked out. Ah, to be a fly on the wall for the rest of that conversation. But it's fantastic two yummy men in the desert connected through my name. Love it!

Along those lines, he also disclosed that I was pivotal in his life.

Wow.

Also stories of Marietta are still spun among his circle of friends. And his wife has probably heard my name a thousand time.

Your wife? Wah-wah.

Anyway, only having a few minutes before performing, he asked for my phone number. Said he wanted more details on the past few years. Naturally, that's when his wife walked up......"You're Marietta? I've heard a lot about you." Oh bejesus, talk about awkward. Did your husband also tell you how he introduced me to handcuffs and blindfolds?

Again, Travis insisted we meet for a drink sometime this week. He threw out a few days, seemed like Monday worked best. Needless to say, he didn't call. If I were his wife, I wouldn't leave him alone with me either -especially with alcohol involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home