Google

Wednesday, November 30

Garden Statement

So I'm watching The Daily Show last night and there's a piece on the recent New Jersey slogan contest. They do a pretty funny Sopranos parody, interview the acting Governor and, naturally, someone for the counter-point. Much to my surprise, that person just so happened to be MY COUSIN- Deana Mattola! I think the correspondent called her a cutie...

Around here, they run the previous night's show at prime time...so if your cable network programs the same way, check it out tonight.

And no, Mr. Johnson, not the entire state looks like that, I SWEAR!

*Sidenote to the story, Deana and I were friends in highschool and discovered one day that we are cousins (the conversation started, "I was born in Hoboken," "Oh yeah? Me too!"). Her grandmother and my grandfather were first cousins. Does that make us first cousins, twice removed? Or third cousins? I could never figure that shit out...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap, I saw her too!! And now that you mention it, I remember that you were cousins. I emailed Jack to say I saw her on TV. She looks exactly like her brother. Hope all's well w/you.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Tivo The Daily Show - so Ed and I just watched that one last night - and I kept thinking about Mrs. Marietta during the whole story. I'm not surprised that she's your cousin - seeing as the correspondent complimented her hair and started reading a book or something... The apple doesn't fall far from the second cousin tree does it!

Love ya,
Salma

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home