Google

Thursday, June 9

Assorted

*Every married woman in my office has been telling me about their wedding (complete with photos) since my engagement was literally announced. (I told a co-worker- who developed into a friend- over lunch and when we walked back into the office, she shouted, "MARIETTA'S GETTING MARRIED!!")

*A co-worker (whom I barely know, and is nuttier than a Waldorf Salad) congratulated me with a hug and started to cry. Hard. On my shoulder. For an uncomfortably long time. Until the point where I let go. Then eventually gave her a consoling pat on the back.

*A couple of weeks ago, my brother calls me up, "Uh, I'm sorta engaged." I asked if she's 'half pregnant.' No, just out of her tree. They were in NYC and just happened to be walking by the diamond district and popped into a store. She walked out with a 3k heart-shaped rock. Paid 7Gs for it, appraised for 18.

Meanwhile, this chick just graduated from college, so I ask Jay, "Where'd she get the money for that?!"

-She fucking paid for it. Since then, my brother's new nickname is "Federline."

"Her father's loaded. Some big-shot real estate guy in CA. You know what he got her for a graduation present? He's building her a house in San Diego." So now it's like, hmmmm- he could do worse. My brother doesn't have any goals so this is a good way to become a homeowner.

But the reality of DogGirl is always in the back of my mind. I call 'em Sid & Nancy; they're totally crackers when intoxicated. But, whatev. I'll go to the wedding in Italy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa... the cost of real estate in San Diego is outrageous... Half a million bucks can barely buy you a 1 bedroom condo in this ridiculous market.

Think doggirl's dad can buy Ed and I a place to call home while he's at it? Even we can't afford to live in this town.

We miss ya!
-Salma

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home