Google

Thursday, September 23

At Peace With The Curl

Ever since I could remember, my curly hair has always done what it wants too, when it wants too. As a girl, there was nothing I wanted more than straight hair. Well, maybe a date with John Taylor. But if I could look like the others- so effortless and silky perfect; they knew nothing about the deads of humidity. My best attempt involved a round brush and half-a-can of Extra Super Hold Aqua Net.

Then in my 20's, one of my roommates was a hairdresser. She gave me miracle products (i.e. Sebastian Molding Mud) and my hair became bigger and more beautiful than ever! I looked right out of Moonstruck.

After being a blonde for a few years, the damage unkinked my corkscrew locks to the point of distress. I was ready to pack it in and *gasp* relax my hair. That same day of contemplation, my girl gave me a book:



Curly Girl became my new bible. At first seemed unorthodox- No shampoo? No hairdryer? No combs?! Ever?! ...Eh, what the hell? Worth a shot.

Words cannot describe the results. I thought my hair coiled before! My tresses are at an all-time fabulousness.

Anyway, if your hair has any kind of curl to it, check this book out. You can thank me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home