Google

Monday, September 20

Antipasti Italiani

For lunch break, I ran over to 9th Avenue (while wearing all black) to pick up some ingredients for dinner.

The main course was to be broccoli rabe with sweet sausage over fusilli. The rest'd be figured out during the shopping trip.

The produce market I frequent was subsequently out of broccoli rabe. Not wanting to come back after work, I had to think of something else on the fly. And looking around at just fruits and vegetables wasn't helping any.

So I head down to the Italian store (where I was going to buy the meat, pasta and grated romano) for other ideas. Surrounded by various wonderful cheeses and olives in buckets - the decision made itself- all appetizer dinner. Culled from various stores in the area, here's what's on tonight's menu:

Nicoise, Bosana and black oil cured olives
Marinated mushrooms and artichokes
Genoa salami (sliced thin)
Provolone cheese
Hothouse tomato, buffalo mozzarella and basil salad
Semolina bread (with spiced olive oil on the side)
Fresh figs
Big-ass bottle of red wine
And, of course, cannolis for dessert

Figured now that I actually have the girlfriend slot, I should start earning it, no?

4 Comments:

Blogger Brendan said...

I've said MANY times that I could eat antipasto as an entire meal, and do it very often! And with red wine, that's a homerun!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like you earned it this weekend.

Damned Blogger...Anonymous my ass.

-Alechemist

4:11 PM  
Blogger Daniella said...

lovely, lovely meal. Sounds fantastico!

Now, when are you cooking pour moi?

5:34 PM  
Blogger t'ien_tz'u said...

Tell ya what, after all this wedding craziness is over, we'll get together for a proper Sunday Italian meal. Is good?

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home