Google

Monday, August 16

Man, Friday night was a blast! The Cuz and I enjoyed many, many beverages at some joint on 9th Avenue since it poured for a good portion of the evening. Yet, we still sat outside, protected by the canopy since New Yorkers are so much fun to watch. But with engaging conversation and lots of booze, everything else tends to fade out. That's why we were blindsided by some lady off the street that sat down next to us and introduced herself by saying that I was an old soul in a new body. Cripes, woman. Go sell that shit to the tourists cause I ain't buyin. I used to work for a phychic hotline so there's nothin you can tell me I ain't already fed to some other schmuck.

However, the Miller Girls were most welcome at our table. They invited us to take the Rock Trivia Challenge and we gladly accepted. For the life of me, I could not remember the title to Buffalo Springfields, "For What It's Worth." Hey, I was a few beers in at that point. But we did well considering and were rewarded with a bunch a swag- visor (my favorite Summer accessory), t-shirt, free MP3 downloads and a couple of tall, cold ones. Glorious!

It's a good thing that earlier, as a sign of solidarity, I deleted the Ex's phone numbers from the celly infront of Cuz cause the ride home became drunk dialing time. And I really wanted to talk to him. But it wouldn't have pretty. It's been a while, so I'm in pissed-off mode and the conversation would have subconsciencely gone that route. And I probably would have thrown out some shit to hurt him with the ultimate slap, "I cheated on you. A lot. With your friends." Which, natch, isn't true. But he's so insecure, he would have believed it.

So, again, good thing I deleted the number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home