Google

Monday, June 21

While nursing hangovers, I like to lie in my plush-deluxe bed and watch TV. This weekend's programming featured Steven King movies- Pet Cemetery, Misery and Carrie (which I never realized has a young, Farrah-haired Edie McClurg). Usually, horror movies are bad idea since I let my imagination get the best of me late at night. But since they were on during the day, I thought it was safe.

Until the new Salem's Lot premiered later that evening. Tres Creepy. The conclusion's on tonight and I'm a glutton for punishment, so.....

I like how the SK remakes include more detail than the originals. While nothing compares to Kubric's Shining, the tv version added more of the plot: like the importance of a balanced boiler, moving animal-shaped hedges and a less timid Wendy. Same goes for this one as well. I'm sure it helps that they can air it over a few nights instead of making you take it in one big lump. But King is the master of the slow build up so I, for one, say that he should only do tv movies. You get more out of it.

And aside from all that, Rob Lowe is still hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home